Tuesday, December 14, 2010

We Are Friendly Monsters Pj Shirt

I finished it!  Here is the whole set:


And a close up of the monster applique:

I used the monster called "Bat Monster" as my inspiration for the applique.  You can see him in the left hand corner, right under the bottom edge of the shirt. 


I'm really having a good time with appliques!  I had never done any before doing the Pirate Shirt a few days ago.  They aren't nearly as scary or difficult to sew on as I had thought they were!  In fact, I wouldn't say they're scary at all!  Now I have all kinds of ideas for appliques.  If you've never tried it, you should.  Great, FUN results. :)

Can wait to see if S likes the result!  Christmas is in 11 days...

I'm linking this project to:
handmade projects











CreativeShareWednesdays





Olivia Renn



Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden



Get your craft on Thurs.


HookingupwithHoH
Tickled Pink at 504 Main



A Crafty Soiree






15 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHA those jammies are CUTE! I saw your link @ Trendy Treehouse so I came for a peek - I sure do wish "the internet" had been around when my boys were little - I could have gotten a zillion great ideas for them - like these jams! I wonder if 21 and 20+grumpy are too old for these ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the same flannel - both the pirate and the monsters and a bunch more! I have already made the pants...but now I totally need a monster shirt to go with it!!!

    Love it!

    Amanda
    todaystoptwenty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a little guy that would just love this!!!
    You should come link this up to my Sew Fabulous Friday Link Party! It would make a great addition.
    AGirlinParadise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable. My sons would flip over this. I'd have to wash them everyday so they could wear them over and over again. I'm now following.

    http://boyohboyohboycrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had to see this one too! Simply adorable! I'd wear a pair of those!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BTW, where do you find those cute fabrics?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenn, Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm glad you like my projects. :) I actually got both of these (monster and pirate) fabrics at joann's. It can be hard to find cute boy fabric. I am ALWAYS on the look out for it. Pretty much any time I go to joann's (which may or may not be 2-3 times a week) I do a "drive by" of the flannels. If I see something I like, I buy a yard or two whether it's on sale or not because chances are if you wait even a day, it WILL be gone. This last week I found a REALLY cute robot one. Good luck and happy 'hunting'!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My little boy loves monsters! And this is so cute! Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay way way way cute!!! I love it! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this! I featured it for handmade tuesday's features. get a badge if you'd like :) Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! My little boy would love these!

    Thanks for linking up to to TOO Cute Tuesday.

    http://funkypolkadotgiraffe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. i have got to learn to sew better!! these would be perfect for my monster too!! love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh. My. Gosh! You are totally making me wish I could sew. Darling.

    ReplyDelete
  14. very cute! I've been wanting to try appliqué for a while now. you make it look so easy! Just lovely. Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday's!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'm so glad you did. :)